Monday, January 5, 2009

Cars for Christmas

So every year as the holiday commercials come on I wonder- do people really buy other people cars for Christmas? I'm sure they do, and I think its great. But in a lot of the commercials its the wife giving the husband the car. Maybe this is because there is the theory that we can never think of what to get our husbands, so we may as well spend $20,000 and get them a car. Or maybe car companies find that men like new cars more then women. All I know is that if I decided to buy Chase a car that he knows nothing about, we wouldn't have a very merry Christmas. So I asked Chase- "Would you ever be ok with me buying you a car for Christmas, cause I just can't believe that very many people actually do that and the spouse is happy with them for making such a big decision without them..." Chase's response- "We'd have to make over a million dollars a year for me to be ok with you buying me a car for Christmas."

As much as I'd love a new car, I think I'd have to agree...

No comments: